I just wanted to send a quick email to update you on a change in our office. I currently will be running the office by myself with no ancillary staff. Nothing will change with the care that you will receive from me except that you will be getting more of ME 🙂 !! PLEASE READ THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY.
So, I will be running things from beginning to end, checking insurances, answering phones, helping you pick out glasses etc.
I am currently putting systems in place to make this transition as seamless as I can. Beware, that most communication will be done by email and text. We were doing this prior and I feel most patients enjoy it. I am changing my phone over to digital, which will allow me to access voicemails by email and other automated features.
Since I will be doing exams in a closed room, I will need to install some sort of device on the front door that will allow access remotely for deliveries etc. So beware that the door may be locked. I will keep you posted once I get this ironed out.
Things that YOU can do to make this transition smooth for BOTH of us:
- Please confirm all appointments by email and/or text when you receive a message from the office-this is an automated feature.
- If information about your insurance is requested, please get this information back to me ASAP as I need to check this PRIOR to your appointment. If not, I will be forced to cancel the appointment.
- Please try to use our website to make all appointments. If you are having an ocular emergency, please call or text the office, if goes to voicemail, leave a message and I will get back to you immediately as time allows.
- Please show up for your appointment on time. If you are considering updating glasses, please do so before the start of your appointment. This is also best practice, since it is hard to see when your eyes are dilated.
- As always, we will let you know if your exam will be billed medically prior to your appointment. You will receive a text message on this.
- Since I am alone and likely will be with a patient, I will not be able to help anybody who walks in to pick up glasses or needs their glasses repaired etc. Please schedule this time on our website. If you feel you need special attention-shoot a text to our main number and I will get back to you.
So, as always, I thank each and every one of you for entrusting me to your care. I think that this “one-on-one” approach will work very well. Yes, my schedule will be less available, but the care you will receive will be the same and just as thorough!!!
I will keep you posted on any logistical changes